st: Sample selection variable for bivariate probit selection

From   "Carlos Gamero" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Sample selection variable for bivariate probit selection
Date   Fri, 25 Jan 2008 11:50:04 +0100

Dear alls,

I have a question related to STATA software that I hope you can help me solving. I'm estimating a probit model of childs' job satisfaction (only satisfied-dissatisfied options). We want to correct for sample selection bias in such model, taking into account child's labor participation. As working and schooling decissions are correlated, we think in a bivariate probit (working/schooling decissions) as specification for the selection mechanism. ¿Is there any possibility in STATA to use a bivariate probit model as the selection criterion when the regression part of the model is assumed NOT to be linear (job satisfaction probit model)?

Thanks a lot in advance for your time and cooperation,
Carlos

Carlos Gamero-Burón
Departament of Statistics and Econometrics
University of Málaga
Campus El Ejido s/n
29013 Málaga
Spain