R: st: re Kaplan-Meier survival analysis model

From   "Carlo Lazzaro" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   R: st: re Kaplan-Meier survival analysis model
Date   Wed, 23 Jan 2008 12:54:28 +0100

Dear Ziad, provided that I have understood well your question, I suppose you
may model it via Kaplan-Meier estimates (including censoring).

Please take a look at what follows below:
-------------------------------begin
example-------------------------------------------------------------
set obs 20
g id=_n
replace dummy_res=0 in 1/10
replace dummy_res=1 in 11/20
g In=0
g Out = 1
replace Out=0 in 1
replace Out=0 in 20
g Conv_HIV=1 in 6/16
replace Conv_HIV=0 if Conv_HIV==.
g risk_time= Out- In
stset risk_time, id(id) failure(Conv_HIV==1)
sts list, by(dummy_res) failure
stcox dummy_res
suggest you to test whether the prerequisites for the Cox proportional risk
model hold before relying on the Hazard ratio (and related p-value) of the
Cox regression. Hope this helps and Kind Regards,

Carlo