st: Estimating Endogenous Negative Binomial Models.

From   "ippab ippab" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Estimating Endogenous Negative Binomial Models.
Date   Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:54:46 -0500

Dear All,

I have a dataset with counts as dependent variable that suffers from
severe over-dispersion problem.  As a result, I need to use the
Negative Binomial model.  Since I have an endogenous variable, I need
to estimate the coefficients using an instrument.

Is there any program that helps to estimate negative binomial model
using an instrument?

I have found that IVPOIS addresses this issue of estimating
coefficients using instruments for Poisson model.  Can someone help me
to modify the original code for IVPOIS for negative binomial models?
I would really appreciate if you can point me to a program that
addresses this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

ippab