st: repeated measures anova

From   Simon Moore <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: repeated measures anova
Date   Sun, 20 Jan 2008 17:16:57 +0000

Dear Statalist,

I am working from the "No between-subjects factors with two repeated variables"
example from here:-

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/stat/anova2.html#half713

and have specified a repeated measures anova which is nearly identical to the one in the example presented at stata.com...

anova score subject period / subject*period dial / subject*dial period*dial, repeated(period dial)

except that there are only two periods in my data (I have three 'dials', no between factors and just over 700 subjects). The anova will not run - or rather it does seem to run (_delete variables are appearing in the variable list) but I'm running out of patience after 45 mins. Whereas every other test I'm running on the same data is done in the blink of an eye and even SPSS can run this particular anova quickly. So... can anyone see if I have done something wrong, the actual command is:-

anova q id edir / id*edir elag / id*elag edir*elag, repeated(edir elag)

or if stata is just rather slow when it comes to anovas?

Many thanks
Simon

*
* For searches and help try: