Re: st: matching childrens to mothers information

From   Ana Gabriela Guerrero Serdan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: matching childrens to mothers information
Date   Sat, 19 Jan 2008 15:58:20 -0800 (PST)

Dear Maarten,

Yes, ofcourse. The problem is that if I merge by using
hhnumber and mothers number there is a mismatch
because it means i merge the children dataset with its
own number as it is indicated in the mothersnumber. I
cant use roster number neither.

I have created an additional identifier for each of
them. So i can merge child rosternumb 12 with mother
rosternum 9. Here is waht I have tried generating an
additional id to be used for both datasets.

In childrens dataset:
gen id= Mothernum

In other dataset:
gen id=rosternum

sort Hhnum id

merge Hhnum id using " dta"

but i somehow dont get the mothers variables
adequately into the children's dataset.

txs,
Gaby

http://www.rhul.ac.uk/economics/About-Us/postgrads.html
> > http://www.flickr.com/photos/49939890@N00/
> >
> > Tel: +44 7912657259

> > Be a better friend, newshound, and

> > *
> > *   For searches and help try:
> > *
> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html

> Maarten L. Buis
> Department of Social Research Methodology
> Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
> Boelelaan 1081
> 1081 HV Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> visiting address:
> Buitenveldertselaan 3 (Metropolitan), room Z434
>
> +31 20 5986715
>
> http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/

> Sent from Yahoo! Mail - a smarter inbox
> http://uk.mail.yahoo.com