st: Which svyset method to deal with stratum with single PSU

From   "Emma Slaymaker" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Which svyset method to deal with stratum with single PSU
Date   Mon, 07 Jan 2008 17:10:28 +0000

Hi,

Can anyone help me with a reference.... I would like to know how to
decide between the various options offered by Stata 10 for dealing with
a stratum with only one PSU.

I've looked in the survey data manual under svyset and variance
estimation but nothing there has jumped out at me, though I confess that
I've not read through every reference listed so I'm sorry if it is
buried in there somewhere.

If anyone knows of a reference that simply explains how to decide which
one to use in different circumstances I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,

Emma