st: RE: clinical trials

From   "Feiveson, Alan H. (JSC-SK311)" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: clinical trials
Date   Thu, 3 Jan 2008 09:28:38 -0600

Dave - Here at NASA -Johnson Space Center, I use Stata to help design
and/or analyze results of what amounts to "clinical trials" of proposed
countermeasures to the deleterious effects of (long) spaceflight or
spaceflight analogs such as bedrest. However the sample sizes are
extremely small and the dependent variables are often peculiar, hence
standard ANOVA, etc does not always apply. That's why Stata is so nice -
it usually be programmed for non-standard situations, if it doesn't
already have built-in commands for them.

Al Feiveson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of David Airey
Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 8:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: clinical trials

.

Does anyone on the list use Stata for clinical trials analysis? I get
the impression companies that specialize in this field use SAS almost
exclusively. From what I know of Stata's feature set, I don't think this
is because Stata cannot be use to perform analysis of clinical trials
data. SAS certainly pushes this area of use with SAS, and they have
several SAS published how-to texts.

-Dave