Re: Re: st: After non-convergence with xtmixed

From   Clyde Schechter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: Re: st: After non-convergence with xtmixed
Date   Thu, 03 Jan 2008 09:10:51 -0500

Thanks to Bobby Gutierrez for suggesting using the emiterate() option. It's working out rather well. It took a very large number of EM iterations to get the log likelihood-ratio into the neighborhood where NR bogs down--but they do run very fast and the total time to get there is far lower. And, at least for the problem that prompted my original post, the new results do confirm that I'm trying to estimate a variance component that is very close to zero--something I could not tell from the earlier output.

So problem solved! Many thanks, again.

Clyde Schechter

*
* For searches and help try: