st: RE: partial()-option of xtivreg2

Subject   st: RE: partial()-option of xtivreg2
Date   Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:01:18 -0000

Jessica,

I think the problem is a misleading message by xtivreg2 rather than a bug per se.  Partialling-out is appropriate for fixed effects models, but I'm not sure what it would mean when combined with first differencing.

I'm inclined to make -partial- incompatible with -fd- so that combining them causes -xtivreg2- to exit with an informative error.  What do you think?  Or should it mean that the partialling-out is applied to the data BEFORE first-differencing?

--Mark
(-xtivreg2- author)