Re: st: xthtaylor & unbalanced panels

From   "Tam Phan" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: xthtaylor & unbalanced panels
Date   Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:46:04 -0500

Dear All,

The problem was on behalf of the user with the data structure. I ran
some recursive checking with my data and indeed there were mistakes in
the data. Not necessarily mistake  but rather trying to consider
certain variables "time invariant."  The complexity of the unbalanced
panel set just makes the trouble much harder in terms of trying to get
certain variable to be "time invariant."

In conclusion, I was able to successfuly ran xthtaylor with unbalanced
panel data.

Tam

On Nov 21, 2007 10:14 AM, Tam Phan <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
> I am running some estimates using xthtaylor. However, I am getting
> messages of "variable X not time invariant."
> I reassured myself that the variables are time invariant, however, the
> same error pops up. Therefore, I am wondering if xthtaylor handles
> unbalanced panels?
>
> Tam

Tam D. Phan
Department of Economics