st: sample splitting problem

From   Robert <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: sample splitting problem
Date   Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:28:07 -0500

Dear all, here I'm again for a new request of help. I would like to
replicate a sample splitting into my research.
Given an unbalanced panel (ts-cs data) and two variables, x and y, the
sample splitting criterion is the following:
a firm is identified as having more "x" (high_x) if "x/y" is larger
than the median accross firms of the firms' time averages.
Conversely, a firm is identified as having less "x" (low_x) if "x/y" is
less than (or equal to) the median accross firms of
these time averages. I would be grateful if someone can help me with
the commands (just an example to use for my dataset).

Thank you very much,

Robert

http://mail.aol.com