st: predict after xtmixed

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: predict after xtmixed
Date   Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:29:12 +0000

Dear all,

I have fitted a mixed effects model using -xtmixed-, and require the
fitted values with corresponding standard errors.

After fitting the model, it is possible to obtain predictions and standard
errors for the fixed portion using -adjust-, or -predict, xb- and
-predict, se-.  However, this fixes all the random effects in the model to
their theoretical mean value of zero, which is not what I require.  I can
get the fitted values that include the random effects using -predict,
fitted-, but I am struggling to find how (if at all) you can get the
standard errors.

Wherever I have seen examples that use -xtmixed-, the fitted values are
never presented with a confidence interval.  Also, I have noted from
standard errors for the BLUPs of random effects (
http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2006-09/msg00899.html).  Does this
therefore mean that what I require is not currently possible?

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Gillian

ATTENTION:

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended
for the addressee(s) only. If this message was sent to you in error,
you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it and
we request that you notify the sender immediately by return email.

Opinions expressed in this message and any attachments are not
necessarily those held by the Health and Safety Laboratory or any person
connected with the organisation, save those by whom the opinions were
expressed.

Please note that any messages sent or received by the Health and Safety
Laboratory email system may be monitored and stored in an information
retrieval system.

by NetIQ MailMarshal