st: misaligned labels when spanning multiple lines

From   Maarten buis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: misaligned labels when spanning multiple lines
Date   Wed, 31 Oct 2007 19:25:54 +0000 (GMT)

I came across some curious behaviour when I wanted to let some labels
on the y-axis span two lines using the -lean1- scheme: Those labels
that spanned a single line and where specified after the "double line
label" where alligned above the tick mark, instead of centering on the
tick mark. This was solved by specifying all double line labels at the
end. This is probably clearer when looking at the results from the
example below.

*--------------- begin example ---------
sysuse auto
twoway scatter rep78 mpg,      /*
  */ name(misaligned, replace) /*
  */ ylab(1 `""very" "bad""'   /*
      */  2 "bad"              /*
      */  3 "ok"               /*
      */  4 "good"             /*
      */  5 `""very" "good""')

twoway scatter rep78 mpg,      /*
  */ name(aligned, replace)    /*
  */ ylab(2 "bad"              /*
      */  3 "ok"               /*
      */  4 "good"             /*
      */  1 `""very" "bad""'   /*
      */  5 `""very" "good""')
*---------- end example --------------
(For more on how to use examples I sent to the Statalist, see
http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/stata/exampleFAQ.html )

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam