Re: st: endogenous count explanatory variable in panel

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: endogenous count explanatory variable in panel
Date   Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:27:34 +0100

-cmp- from ssc appears to be the solution for all "unusual" 2SLS problems. Unfortunately, it seems not to work with count nor panel data. Also, behavior of -qvf- (from SJ) is unknown to me (but I am sure it doesn't work with panels). The only Stata commands for sample selection and treatment effects which I know having a count Y1 don't work with panels and require a dummy or multinomial Y2.
Turning to the literature, I don't remember if Mullahy (1997) works with panels or cross-sections (it is on the Review of Economics and Statistics, sorry for not providing full reference).
Sorry for providing negative news,
Nicola