Re: st: Strange behavior from conditional logistic - bug?

Subject   Re: st: Strange behavior from conditional logistic - bug?
Date   Fri, 26 Oct 2007 15:47:32 -0400

I think this behavior is generic, and I can see reasons for preserving
it.  You might want to access the estimates of a program that failed
to converge, e.g.

webuse nlswork
tsset id year
xtgee ln_w union ten grade south not_smsa, corr(uns)
mat li e(b)
mat li e(V)

but it would be nice if there were a common return code.  The -xtgee-
example returns 430 in e(rc) --see

search r(430)

but -qreg- returns e(convcode) etc. It would be easier to trap errors
if there were a generic e(anyerrors) or somesuch.  As it is, it falls
to you to anticipate and trap all the appropriate errors.