Re: st: Float or Double?

From   Hind Sbihi <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Float or Double?
Date   Tue, 23 Oct 2007 20:33:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Michael

My understanding is that the general setting (parameters) are automatically set up when the variable is not new. So, when you type generate you are creating a new variable that will take on the type as declared in set type. However, the command replace does not create a new variable. The option nopromote prevents Stata from doing this.

HTH

Hind