Re: st: Help with age adjustment

From   Steven Joel Hirsch Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Help with age adjustment
Date   Tue, 23 Oct 2007 09:41:46 -0400

Assume your age group and the corresponding proportion variables are "age_gp" "age_prop" and that you have assigned them appropriately to each observation

If you are doing many proportions or ratios, set up the adjustment as options in your -svyset- command:

poststrata(age_gp) postweight(age_prop)

If you don't want to standardize all your results,
1. -svyset- without these options
2. Run a survey estimation command, e.g. -svy: prop- or -svy: ratio- , with the options

stdize(age_gp) stdweight(age_prop)

-Steve