Re: st: preserving missing values in collapse (sum)

From   Melonie Sullivan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: preserving missing values in collapse (sum)
Date   Mon, 22 Oct 2007 07:59:29 -0700 (PDT)

Okay, -collapse(sum) by (youthid group) results in
something like the matrix below for each youth. But I
need a single record for each youth with sum of
durations for each group. If I understand your
solution, I then type a series of -replace x=. if
allmissing- where x=grp1dur, grp2dur, etc. But then I
need to collapse again to get a single sum for each
group for each youth, and I am back where I started.

youthid   11  11  11  11  11  11
grp1dur   15   0   0   0  0   0
grp2dur    0  41   0   0  0   0
grp3ddur   0   0   0   0  0   0