Re: st: STATA10SE : weird problem with Boxplots

From   Diego Bellavia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: STATA10SE : weird problem with Boxplots
Date   Sun, 21 Oct 2007 01:10:57 +0000 (GMT)

All right,

Finally I solved the problem: I uninstalled STATA (deleting also the registry's keys) the I re-installed it and updated again.
After this the msg does not appear again, and boxplots are drawn just fine.
I cannot explain the reason of this, but I report this experience here as it is, it could be helpful for somebody.

Thank you always for the support !

Diego

----- Messaggio originale -----
Da: b. water <[email protected]>
A: [email protected]
Inviato: Sabato 20 ottobre 2007, 3:40:27
Oggetto: RE: st: STATA10SE : weird problem with Boxplots

fwiw,

it could be an intermittent problem. so e.g. if Diego tried again & again, it may work or if others tried again & again, Diego's error may be manifested. eitherway, it's back to stata tech support to get it solved.

bw

> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:12:27 +0100
> From: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: st: STATA10SE : weird problem with Boxplots
> To: [email protected]
>
> --- Diego Bellavia  wrote:
>> Unfortunately I already did that and update procedure was fine.
>
> As we can't reproduce the error you get, I think there is something
> wrong with your instalation.
>
> If you type:
>
> which graph
>
> Do you get:
>
> C:\Program Files\Stata10\ado\base\g\graph.ado
> *! version 1.1.7 16apr2007
>
> the exact path may differ depending on where you installed Stata, but
> you should get that version number.
>
> If you get that version number I suggest you contact Stata Tech
> Support, and since you have such a weird problem you'd probably do well
> to sent them output as requested in:
> http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/techsup/sendout.html
>
> -- Maarten

> Maarten L. Buis
> Department of Social Research Methodology
> Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
> Boelelaan 1081
> 1081 HV Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> visiting address:
> Buitenveldertselaan 3 (Metropolitan), room Z434
>
> +31 20 5986715
>
> http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/

> Yahoo! Answers - Got a question? Someone out there knows the answer. Try it
> now.
> http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/
> *
> * For searches and help try:
> * http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/findit.html
> * http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

Boo! Scare away worms, viruses and so much more! Try Windows Live OneCare!
*  http://www.stata.com/support/statalist/faq
*  http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/

L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail: http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html