Re: st: PERL-Phyton scripts within Stata - Can Stata call another program?

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: PERL-Phyton scripts within Stata - Can Stata call another program?
Date   Wed, 17 Oct 2007 11:29:28 -0400

There's no problem calling a perl script via -shell-,
the problem is persuading Stata to wait until the script
is done before continuing. I usually -sleep- after I
-shell-, but this is inexact.

For calling C programs, the same thing applies, but if
you mean C code (subroutines pre-compiled into libraries)
you should see -plugin-.

Hope this helps,
Jeph

[email protected] wrote:
Dear all,

It seems that Stata has modules that provide interesting capabilities. For
instance, modules to invoke and run other statistical packages such as R
and HLM. Nonetheless, I would like to know if you are aware of a module to
let one to run either PERL/Phyton scritps or C programs inside Stata.

All the best,

Tiago