RE: st: RE: r-square 4-level-logit-regression xtmelogit

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: r-square 4-level-logit-regression xtmelogit
Date   Mon, 15 Oct 2007 18:28:57 +0100

If you can demonstrate that results that should be
the same, from the same data and the same model,
are different from -xtmelogit- and -gllamm-, then
there is a problem.

I think you need at least to show (examples of) the commands
you used and the results you got for experts
on these commands to comment.

Martina Brandt

> Dear Nic, thanks a lot for your answer - i know that
> pseudo-r-squares are
> quite tricky. But the probem here is, that the same
> pseudo-r-square changes
> using xtmemixed instead of gllamm because the estimated
> variance of phat in
> comparison to the level 1 to level 4 variances is much
> smaller than it is
> using gllamm?!

>   On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 17:03:56 +0100
>   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]> wrote:
> > There is a entire bestiary of pseudo-R-squares
> > based on different kinds of analogy to R-square,
> > strong, weak and otherwise. There is no
> > reason in general why they should agree.

Martina Brandt