st: any quick way to run multilevel model other than using gllamm?

From   "Xiaoheng Zhang" <[email protected]>
To   statalist <[email protected]>
Subject   st: any quick way to run multilevel model other than using gllamm?
Date   Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:00:14 +0100

Dear all,

I am using gllamm to run a simple two-level linear model.It took just
a few minutes to run if I set only one random effect.But if I set four
random effects it took more than 12 hours.Can I claim that in gllamm,
computation time is increasing exponentially to the number of random
effect one sets?

Is there a command available to run the same kind of multi-level
linear model without using adaptive quadrature?

Thanks.

--
Greetings,

Xiaoheng Zhang (Kevin)