Antwort: st: commands for random effects for continuous data

From   Justina Fischer <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Antwort: st: commands for random effects for continuous data
Date   Sat, 13 Oct 2007 20:35:05 +0200

... why don't you engage in searching the Stata archives and net sources using -search- (e.g. for 'random effects model') and pose your question only in case you really cannot find an answer ?

Justina

Dr. Justina A.V. Fischer, M.A.
University of St. Gallen
CH-9000 St. Gallen

[email protected] schrieb: -----

An: <[email protected]>
Von: "Soremekun, Seyi" <[email protected]>
Gesendet von: [email protected]
Datum: 13.10.2007 06:55PM
Thema: st: commands for random effects for continuous data

I always feel the need to apologise for asking basic questions!
Anyway here goes:

I've been using a population averaged approach to predicting continuous
outcomes in panel data (XTGEE), but I am now considering using a random
effects model, as the assumptions about the differences between panels
are less generalised.

Which commands are available in stata to deal with random effects for
continuous data? Xtmixed? Gllamm? Will I have to specify a correlation
structure as in xtgee?

Cheers

Seyi

Seyi Soremekun