RE: st: Rasch

From   SR Millis <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Rasch
Date   Wed, 3 Oct 2007 16:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

Although many would disagree with with me, it has been
my experience that the Rasch model or 1P IRT model do
a very good job of evaluating a scale, constructing a
scale, and/or revising a scale. The more complicated
models just seem to complicate matters without
sufficient psychometric gain.

BTW, Rasch "purists" do not consider the Rasch model
to be the "same thing" as the 1P IRT model.  Although
algebraically equivalent, there are conceptual
differences that make the Rasch and 1P models
distinct.

SR Millis

--- Davood Souri <[email protected]> wrote:

> You are right, I mean two-parameter item response
> model. I have tried
> gllamm, but it is very slow and not suitable for
> large datasets. I am
> wondering if there is another ado file in Stata.

Scott R Millis, PhD, MEd, ABPP (CN,CL,RP), CStat
Professor & Director of Research
Dept of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Wayne State University School of Medicine
261 Mack Blvd
Detroit, MI 48201
Email:  [email protected]
Tel: 313-993-8085