st: Re: Calculating Determinant of Hessian Matrix Over Obervations

Subject   st: Re: Calculating Determinant of Hessian Matrix Over Obervations
Date   Mon, 01 Oct 2007 08:38:54 -0400

listed, then why not just calculate it directly using -gen-?

gen det=A*C-B^2

Michael Blasnik

----- Original Message ----- From: "Asgar Khademvatani" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2007 7:34 AM
Subject: st: Calculating Determinant of Hessian Matrix Over Obervations

Dear All,

I have 43 observation on t he variables  A, B, and C. I am trying to
make 43 symmetry Hessian matrix(2 by 2) and calculate each matrix
determinant and list the calculated determinants for each observation. I
have made the following loop but it is subject to error as follows;

forvalues i = 1/43 {
   matrix H = (A[`i'], B[`i'] \ B[`i'], C[`i'])
  gen det_H =  det(H)
   di "`i'"
    matrix list Ha_g_1
   list det_H
   }
I am getting the following error as follows;

    | det_H |
 1. | 6.28e-13 |
<snip>