Re: st: why the bootstrap fails

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: why the bootstrap fails
Date   Thu, 30 Aug 2007 10:35:50 -0700

Excellent suggestion Austin. If I can recreate the problem using a Stata system data file, I'll repost my question. Many thanks, Michael

Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>:
Not to beat a dead horse, "does not work" is uninformative.  The x in
the bootstrap output tells you that whatever commands you are running
are not producing the necessary output.  If you reframe your problem
using a dataset that ships with Stata or availabel via -webuse- (see
http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?streg for examples), you will get better
answers from the list. Does the program run if you just type
msmcox_stageIIIA_includeIPTWd at the command prompt?  If so, type
-return list- after that one run and verify r(tcm) is returned.