Re: st: why the bootstrap fails

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: why the bootstrap fails
Date   Tue, 28 Aug 2007 13:06:58 -0500

show your Stata output please. "fails" is a pretty broad term. And by
the way, the fact that the bootstrap gives consistent standard errors
for this Cox model, especially with the way you fiddle with the
weights, requires justification.

On 8/28/07, Michael McCulloch <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear Statalist members,
> I am puzzled why a weighted Cox regression (called BASIC ANALYSIS)
> would fail when I use that same code within a bootstrap (called
> BOOTSTRAP ANALYSIS  below). Can anyone offer insight into how I might
> find the answer to this question?

Small print: Please do not reply to my Gmail address as I don't check
it regularly.