st: AW: time variable year limit

From   "Jenny Winkler" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: AW: time variable year limit
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2007 15:00:44 +0200

Hi Alan,

I don't know if this answers your question but 'repeated within th panel'
means that there are more than one observation for a certain country and
year.

If you want to tell stata tat the data you are using are panel data you have
to put tsset country year or something similar (the first variable fort he
cross sections, the second fort he time parameters).

I don't think, you're problem has anything to do with the name of the
variable, which you can choose absolutely freely for certain.

Greetings,

Jenny

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Alan Williamson
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 23. August 2007 14:06
An: [email protected]
Betreff: st: time variable year limit

Hello,

I try to use year, yr, y, t, time, tim, etc. as the name of a time variable
(tsset). But I always got 'repeated within the panel' or 'invalid time
variable'.

Must the time variable have a restrict name or  year limit, such as minimum
2 or 3 years? Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Alan
100�s of Music vouchers to be won with MSN Music
https://www.musicmashup.co.uk/index.html