AW: st: Do-file results in results window (echoing commands)

From   "Dr. David Schwappach" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   AW: st: Do-file results in results window (echoing commands)
Date   Fri, 17 Aug 2007 23:45:51 +0200

WOW - thank you very much!
cool..

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] Im Auftrag von Maarten buis
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. August 2007 23:41
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: st: Do-file results in results window (echoing commands)

--- "Dr. David Schwappach" <[email protected]> wrote:
> I just updated my STATA version to 10 and am now struggling to restore
> my default preferences...When I run segments of a do-file, the results
> window does not display what has been done but just the usual
> "run...blablalba".
> I would be happy to have the default "do" and thus echoing commands in
> the results window.

I made the same mistake. The right most button is the do button, and that is
the one you want. The one to the left of it is the run button.
The do button is slightly more grayish than the run button, so I initially
ignored it (grayish is usually not available). However both are available
and run does the do file without showing the output and commands, and do
shows the output and commands

Hope this helps,
Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Department of Social Research Methodology Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081
1081 HV Amsterdam
The Netherlands

visiting address: