Re: st: Using 2 stage Heckmen Sample Selection with Lags in STATA

Subject   Re: st: Using 2 stage Heckmen Sample Selection with Lags in STATA
Date   Thu, 2 Aug 2007 10:53:49 -0400

Seema--
Just googled "standard gravity model" and found a bunch of papers
criticizing it, e.g.
http://www.tbm.tudelft.nl/webstaf/ceesb/gravityweb.pdf
who makes another good point--if you are considering importing from
country i, the distance from you to country i is less important than
the distance relative to other potential exporters, since the relative
distance is what measures the effective "price" of trade between you
and country i.