st: How to set up switching regression model

From   "george m hoffman" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: How to set up switching regression model
Date   Wed, 1 Aug 2007 12:09:48 -0500

I have a dataset with 24 paired measurements (Y1 and Y2) on 100 subjects. I
am trying to regress y1 on y2, with the added complication that the y2
measurement was made with one of two  different instruments, whose identity
was not recorded with the measurement. So, I have wo sets of measurements
(y1 and y2a) and (y1 and y2b) on each subject. The instrument was not
changed within subjects.

It seems that swithcing regression would help solve this puzzle, but I can't
set it up correctly in my mind or at the stata keyboard. I would appreciate
thoughts or suggestions,
Thank you

George M Hoffman
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
Professor, Anesthesiology and Pediatrics
Medical College of Wisconsin
Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
(414)-266-3560
(414)-266-3388 direct