RE: st: associating mortality with potential predictors when the rateis high

From   uri goldbourt <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: associating mortality with potential predictors when the rateis high
Date   Wed, 01 Aug 2007 09:27:25 -0400

How about when your endpoint is stroke incidence, your purpose is to
identify risk factors or rather quantify their association with the endpoint
and it is, say, a 40-year follow up of middle aged individuals. Over 40
years many will die from other causes, free of stroke, but the stroke risk
associated with their risk profile has not accounted for.

By the way, I purchased your book three months ago and have enjoyed reading
it and keep getting back to it. I have several ideas how that could be
expanded or intensified, so to speak, but then you may have not intended to
go into all the depths of epidemiological analysis in a book probably meant
to be introductory.
(my stata knowledge lags way behind my epidemiology and the book was
helpful...)

Uri