Re: st: Stata having trouble connecting to the internet

Subject   Re: st: Stata having trouble connecting to the internet
Date   Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:26:03 -0400

Rodrigo Martell --
I have no real answer, I'm afraid, but some speculation. It may depend
on your network connection type.  I've never been able to connect
properly from Stata on my laptop over a wireless connection, though
any other traffic is supported.  I wrote to tech support and they
suggested I disable my firewall, but that was clearly not the problem.
 In fact, Stata will connect on a fresh start, and even download a
file via -copy- but the next time it attempts to access the internet,
it exits with an error (moral: be happy you just get an error msg
instead of an abend?).

Did anything change with your computer or network setup between the
first time you issued the command when it worked, and the second when
it didn't?  Even something small? Did you reset a router and get a new
IP address?  Did midnight pass and your router reset itself? Did you
try restarting Stata? Your computer?