Re: st: ARIMA ERROR MESSAGE - HOW DO I CORRECT THE PROBLEM?

From   "M D" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ARIMA ERROR MESSAGE - HOW DO I CORRECT THE PROBLEM?
Date   Fri, 27 Jul 2007 08:24:44 -0400

Thank you for replying. I tried doing the arima regression now; however, before I could do anything I saw a little swap update/update swap thing on the screen, which I didn't have before and I have also restarted the computer. I am not sure which one of them did it; however it worked. Now STATA does not give me the error message. :D

P.S. I didn't realise how serious this statalist was first of all, so that's why I abbreviated my name. :)

From: "Clive Nicholas" <[email protected]>
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: st: ARIMA ERROR MESSAGE - HOW DO I CORRECT THE PROBLEM?
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 04:46:24 +0100

M D wrote:

> I tried doing an ARIMA estimation procedure using the dataset from my
> textbook; however, STATA doesn't want to do it.
>
> It gives me the following message, even though I clearly have the y1 data in
> my file.
>
> arima y1, arima(1,0,0)
>
> (setting optimization to BHHH)
> kalman_solve_P0(): 3499 vec() not found
> <istmt>: - function returned error
> r(3499);
>

> How do I correct this nightmare? :(
>
> Thank you in advance to everyone who replies!

Although I'm online, I'm unable to hook up to any of Stata's toy
datasets to run your code on your problem at the moment:

. webuse wp1, clear
file http://www.stata-press.com/data/r9/wp1.dta not found
server says file temporarily redirected to
http://www.stata-press.com/error/404.html
r(601);

That'll no doubt correct itself in time. Nevertheless, this -arima-
call works with my data. Are you sure you're using an up-to-date
Stata?

Please note that posting under aliases to Statalist is a rather
rubbish idea. Ta.

--
Clive Nicholas

<[email protected]>. Thanks!]

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
-- Winston Churchill
*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/