st: ARIMA ERROR MESSAGE - HOW DO I CORRECT THE PROBLEM?

From   "M D" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ARIMA ERROR MESSAGE - HOW DO I CORRECT THE PROBLEM?
Date   Thu, 26 Jul 2007 21:55:04 -0400

I tried doing an ARIMA estimation procedure using the dataset from my textbook; however, STATA doesn't want to do it.

It gives me the following message, even though I clearly have the y1 data in my file.

arima y1, arima(1,0,0)

(setting optimization to BHHH)
kalman_solve_P0(): 3499 vec() not found
<istmt>: - function returned error
r(3499);

How do I correct this nightmare? :(

Thank you in advance to everyone who replies!

Put Your Face In Your Space with Windows Live Spaces http://spaces.live.com/?mkt=en-ca

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/