st: RE: unexisting errors

From   "Maarten Buis" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: unexisting errors
Date   Wed, 25 Jul 2007 12:25:06 +0200

--- Geraldo Cerqueiro wrote:
> I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this but Stata sometimes
> complaints about inexistent errors, for instance, reading arguments or
> local macros (in ML check). I also found my self running two identical
> programs (I checked character by character) and they would run in
> totally different ways (one would converge and the other not).
> But the question that I'm really interested in is: Is this stata's
> problem or my problem?

Remember that we know nothing about your Stata set up, the kind of
model you are trying to estimate, the data you are using, the error
messages you get, unless you tell us. How can you expect us to be
able to give you any sensible advise based on the information you
have given us? I am not trying to be nasty, I am just trying to
explain to you that we need information to diagnose your problem.
If you do not give it we cannot help you, not because of some petty
adherence to the Statalist FAQ, but because of a lack of telepathic
or extrasensory ability.

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081