Re: st: Suggestions for Second Edition of A Visual Guide to StataGraphics

From   Michael McCulloch <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Suggestions for Second Edition of A Visual Guide to StataGraphics
Date   Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:17:28 -0700

Dear Michael,
I have found your book very helpful. Two suggestions, if I may:
1. Expanded examples of graph options.
2. A section on the graphs for meta-analysis commands (meta, metan, metafunnel, metabias, etc.)
Whatever changes you make, I'm sure it'll continue to be an essential guide to Stata users!
Michael

Greetings

 I am working on the Second Edition of "A Visual Guide to Stata
Graphics". This is not only an opportunity to update the book to
reflect features added to Stata since the first edition, but it is
also a chance to add new material as well. While I already have many
ideas, I wanted to seek input from the list for your thoughts of what
could be added to the Second Edition that would make it more useful
for readers. I would love to hear your comments and suggestions,
especially if you own the first edition and would like to suggest
improvements. You can either reply to the list (to share your thoughts
with everyone including myself), or you can write me privately via mnm
at ucla dot edu. I would be grateful for your input.

Best regards,

Michael N. Mitchell
Author of A Visual Guide to Stata Graphics
http://www.stata.com/bookstore/vgsg.html