Re: st: Insertion of variable name at cursor

From   [email protected] (James Hassell, StataCorp LP)
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Insertion of variable name at cursor
Date   Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:11:42 -0500

Garry Anderson <[email protected]> wrote:

> In Stata 10 clicking on a variable name in the variables window inserts the
> variable at the end of the command in the command window, regardless of
> where the cursor is positioned.
> However, in Stata 9 clicking on a variable inserts the variable at the
> position of the cursor in the command window. This is the expected behaviour.
>
> The 'What's new in the GUI and command interface' does not seem to indicate
> a change in behaviour.
> I was wondering how Stata 9 behaviour could be used please.

Stata 10 for Windows does insert variables at the end of the command
window rather than at the cursor position.  This behavior will be
changed to match Stata 9 (variables will be inserted at the cursor
position) in the next executable update, which will be available one
to two weeks from now.

--James