RE: st: hetereoskedasticity/serial correlation with RE xtprobit xttobit?

From   "Holmes, Jessica" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: hetereoskedasticity/serial correlation with RE xtprobit xttobit?
Date   Mon, 9 Jul 2007 09:25:59 -0400

First, I want to thank everyone for their helpful responses to my query.
You all have been a fantastic resource!

Austin: thanks for your recommendations regarding the specification of
the model (e.g., -poisson- and year effects). Those are terrific
suggestions. Thank you.

Attaulla: With regard to using -robust- to correct for
heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation, it is an invalid option for
xtprobit and xttobit in Stata 9. I have asked for an upgrade to Stata 10
in the hopes that this option is available for -xtprobit-, -xttobit- and
now -xtpoisson- in the new release.

Arne: thanks for the recommendation on -oglm-,  -clogithet-, -hetprob-.
My concern with the these commands is that I need to provide
user-defined variables as sources of the heteroscedasticity. I don't
have any priors on what these variables might be--but I am happy to go
through my list and use the LM test to test for heteroscedasticity.

I am still stuck on a test for autocorrelation, but this has been a
great help. If the -robust- standard errors correct for both
heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation and they are available in Stata
10, perhaps my problem is solved?

Thanks all!
Jessica