Re: st: Copy table--how to consistently get correct tab stops

From   "Richard Ohrvall" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Copy table--how to consistently get correct tab stops
Date   Fri, 6 Jul 2007 14:26:27 +0700

I can add to David's post that I have been in discussions about
purchases of software in different statistical organisations and the
issue of producing nicely formatted tables and exporting them to word
and excel has often been brought up as an argument against Stata. I
know that there are different ways to handle this in Stata, but at
least in my opinion this is something that is easier to do in SPSS and
SAS. If there is a wish list for future versions of Stata I think this
is an area that could be improved (maybe with a optional table output
window?) and I think it would help to convince more people to switch
to Stata.

All the best,
Richard

On 7/6/07, Richard Williams <[email protected]> wrote:
At 04:30 PM 7/5/2007, [email protected] wrote:
>I was able to duplicate the problem in Stata 9 but had no such problem in
>Stata 10.  I will investigate the problem further and report back to the list.

I replicate the problem in Stata 10.  I'm using Windows XP and
Microsoft Office 2003.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  [email protected]