Re: st: gsort issue

From   "Brian P. Poi" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: gsort issue
Date   Thu, 5 Jul 2007 16:27:37 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Jeph Herrin wrote:

I'm with Fred & Nick. After using Stata exclusively for
over a decade, I still find that my intuition about how
Stata will treat a missing value to come short suprisingly
often, and this is another example of where it doesn't do
what I would think.
And Nick Cox wrote:

But -- to the point -- while what Brian says is a fair answer it seems to me to point to a missing option on -gsort-. -reallydowantmissingfirst- would not be very Stataish as a name, but Fred Wolfe's want and need seemed very reasonable to me.
We will look into implementing an option to -gsort- to put missing values first with ascending sorts.

-- Brian Poi

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/