st: re: do-file editor- differences between Stata 9 and 10

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: do-file editor- differences between Stata 9 and 10
Date   Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:22:58 -0400

Bill said

I am in the habit of running parts of do-files by highlighting
sections of the file and clicking run.
This worked in Stat 9 IC on my Mac, but doesn't in Stata 10. I don't
see anything in preferences to help regain that function... any advice?

I put this question to Stata Tech Support last night after a rather frustrating evening. Not only does the icon button (which does turn to 'do selected lines') not ALWAYS work, but the keyboard shortcut daisy-shift-D does not ALWAYS work either. I say ALWAYS because it sometimes does work as advertised, and sometimes does not. Very annoying, but I'm sure StataCorp will soon squash this bug.

On the other hand, the iPhone works beautifully...

http://ideas.repec.org/e/pba1.html

* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/