st: RE: replacing after egen

From   "Nachbar, Dirk" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: replacing after egen
Date   Thu, 5 Jul 2007 11:17:18 +0100

One website says:
Replace works with all gen functions, but not with egen functions.
However, you can use replace to modify variables created by egen as well
as those created by gen.

But then you can always use the drop command and then egen again.

Dirk

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Carlo Lazzaro
Sent: 05 July 2007 10:42
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: replacing after egen

Dear Statalisters,

I beg Your pardon for my trivial thread.

I have calculated via egen the total number of administrations of a
given
drugs (Alfa=parenteral; Beta=per os).

egen Sum=rowtotal(Alfa Beta)

Now I have to amend the data in Alfa, but I notice that replace doesn't
work
after egen. Besides, I wasn't able to fin  about this issue seem to
arise
from Stata Data Management Manual (egen section).

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot for Your Kindness and for Your Time.

Kind Regards,

Carlo