st: RE: adding count variables

From   "Fitzmaurice, Ann E." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: adding count variables
Date   Wed, 4 Jul 2007 21:40:58 +0100

thsnks nick

will play with this, sorry re terminology, normally do data manip in spss, but in this instance need parallel 'syntax' in both spss and stata (have managed the first three syntax files, and the counting variables are the final ) before analysis

just a quick question
in spss can stack two data sets with an identid-ier 1 and 2, have a count variable on some events but only in the  the section of the file (coded 1) and after the procedure (in this case poisson regression) , the coefficients are assigned to the other section of the data set, is this possible in stata, or do you run againgst data set a and then use the predict against dataset 2 (as two seperate data sets)

if you do not feel that it is appropriate to answer please ignore and i will test this out tomorrow

thanks again

ann

Ann E Fitzmaurice

Medical Statistician
Immpact ,University of Aberdeen
Health Sciences Building
Foresterhill
Aberdeen, AB25 2ZD
Scotland

Tel: +44 (0)1224 553876

 Fax: +44 (0)1224 555704

Email:  <mailto:[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]> > [email protected]