Re: st: Stata 10 Do-File Editors

From   Alan Riley <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata 10 Do-File Editors
Date   Wed, 4 Jul 2007 12:36:45 -0500

Fred Wolfe ([email protected]) and Thorsten Faas
([email protected]) reported a couple of oddities in the
Stata 10 for Windows Do-file Editor:

Fred reported

> I wanted to report that using Windows XP pro and most recent Stata 10
> SE I have two Do-File Editors open, and each is labelled Untitled-1.
> Both have different text in them that I put there. It appears that
> the Windows are not being labelled correctly.

Fred is correct.  If two empty Do-file Editors are opened in Stata for
Windows, their initial label in the title bar will each be
"Untitled-1".  This is a cosmetic issue only and does not cause any
problems when you try to execute or save a do-file from either editor.
This will be fixed in the next exectuable update in a few weeks.

Thorsten reported

> I have another problem using the do-file-editor: When trying to search
> (and replace) within the do-file-editor, it's not possible to maneuver
> within the search window using the keyboard - "tab" does not take me to
> the next field, "esc" does not close the search windows, "enter" does
> not start the search. Using the mouse works fine, but is really awkward.

Keyboard navigation in Stata for Windows Do-file Editor's
'Search/Replace' dialog should work as Thorsten described, but it does
not.  This will also be fixed in the next executable update in a few
weeks.

--Alan
([email protected])