st: Retrieve views via ODBC

From   "Richard Ohrvall" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Retrieve views via ODBC
Date   Fri, 29 Jun 2007 08:20:21 +0700

Dear all,

(I have tried to post this before, but it has not worked and I haven't
seen it appear in the archive, if someone somehow received this before
I am sorry).

I am trying to retrieve data from a SQL-database. I have no problem
when I use odbc query I only see the tables in the database and not
the stored views there. I can retrieve the views by using: odbc load,
exec("select * from viewname") user(user) password(password), but it
would be helpful if I could see all the views available without having
to use another program than Stata. Does anyone know if this is
possible and if so how it is done?

All help would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Richard