Re: st: Stata/Excel Estout Question

From   "Ben Jann" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Stata/Excel Estout Question
Date   Wed, 20 Jun 2007 22:25:58 +0200

Yes,

. estout using example.xls

will just write a text file with a .xls suffix. (The chosen filename
has no effect on how -estout-  formats the document.)

Note that you can specify

. esttab using esample.csv, plain

to write Excel style CSV format using -esttab-. The -plain- option
should be specified if the purpose is to do further calculations in
Excel. If you use a German version of Excel, you might want to specify

. esttab using esample.csv, plain scsv

For examples see http://repec.org/bocode/e/estout/esttab.html#esttab010.

Native XLS format is binary and cannot be written by -estout- or -esttab-.

ben