Re: st: Re: new sampling problem

From   "John allfish" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Re: new sampling problem
Date   Tue, 19 Jun 2007 16:28:12 +0000

Thanks for this, and for the setting the seed advice.
I have tried to sort this out with this very crude program but it only seems to do the sampling for one value of newvar1, can anyone help me with this? the first part of the do file defines the data. The last part does the sampling I am interested in. It is very, very crude - and it may seem a little odd, although I know what I want to do.

clear
range y 1 10 10
sum y
gen income=.
replace income=1 in 1/4
replace income=2 in 5/8
replace income=3 in 9/10
gen sex1=.
replace sex1=2 in 1/5
replace sex1=1 in 6/10
gen sex2=.
replace sex2=1 in 1/3
replace sex2=2 in 4/5
replace sex2=3 in 6/10
tab income
tab sex1
tab sex2

preserve
sort sex2
contract sex2
tempvar newvar
samplepps newvar, size(_freq) withrepl ncases(100)
mkmat newvar
restore
svmat newvar
gen const=1

local news=newvar1
foreach val of local news{
samplepps sample`val', ncases(`val') withrepl size(const)
}