Re: st: RE: Stat/Transfer 9 already defaults to Stata 10, so be careful

From   "Friedrich Huebler" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Stat/Transfer 9 already defaults to Stata 10, so be careful
Date   Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:58:10 -0400

I reported the problem to Circle Systems and they already provided a
fix. Stat/Transfer 9 can be updated from the About tab and afterwards
it is possible to use command files to create Stata/SE 9 files. As
Richard guessed, I rely on this format because some of my data
contains long string variables.

I would like to thank Steve Dubnoff and Circle Systems publicly for
the prompt and efficient service.

Friedrich

On 6/18/07, Richard Williams <[email protected]> wrote:
At 12:34 PM 6/18/2007, Friedrich Huebler wrote:
>Based on my tests, Stat/Transfer 9 command files cannot be used to
>create Stata/SE files that are compatible with Stata/SE 9.

I can replicate your problem.  I think that only matters if you have
vars longer than str80, right?  You can use the windows interface,
but that will be less convenient if you are mass-copying files.  If
you have ST8, you may just want to keep using it for this purpose.