st: Estimation of median from a survey sample

From   Ashwin Ananthakrishnan <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Estimation of median from a survey sample
Date   Wed, 13 Jun 2007 20:14:24 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm working on analysis of a complex stratified survey
dataset. I know commands such as the 'svy: mean
(varname)' command estimate the mean for a particular
variable. Can someone please tell me if there is a
corresponding command to estimate the median of a
variable that is not normally distributed (and hence
the mean is not as useful as the median)? I'm not able
to use the centile command in combination with svy?

Thanks,

Ashwin

Sick sense of humor? Visit Yahoo! TV's
http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/222